February 18, 2005

viewing

We're bobbing along in a barrel ...


I made a point of reading the review for the Wonderfalls DVD collection out loud, in front of my honey, and the hint was taken because I found it in my VD goody bag. Woo Hoo! I remembered seeing the teasers for the pilot and making a mental note to check it out; but it got lost in the shuffle as the geniuses at Fox aired the show on Fridays (TG-WTF?) and then moved it to a better timeslot against The Apprentice. Cancelled after four "sodes."

I'm sorry this show didn't make it because it's funny, quirky, and original. So far, I've only seen eight episodes and in a desperate attempt to stave off the inevitable, I'll only watch one episode per night until it's over. Five nights to go ... boo hoo.

The cast is great but my favorite member is Diana Scarwid, from Mommie Dearest, who plays the lead's mother, Karen Tyler. She's a natural in that role.

It's good to know that with this release, the show's creators have an opportunity to air their complete vision for the season. Its core audience is appreciative as are its new viewers. I wonder how many forgotten shows are out there that would benefit with a release of unaired episodes.

BJ and the Bear? My Two Dads? Full House?

No comments: